question about current satellite fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a dual daylight it came with one fan but it seems to have another room for another one at the other end. my question is do I leave the fan running 27/7 or turn it off at night.
im currently running daylights for 8hrs, and then moonlights for the rest of the night, I do not run the actinics.

You really don't need to run the fan ever on that fixture. The aluminum body acts quite well as a heat sink.

They are not meant to have a fan on both ends. That other side is just air intake.

About the only time you would want to have the fan on is when both of the CF lights are on. The single bulb fixtures don't even have a fan since just one bulb doesn't create enough heat to be a problem.

I have a satellite hood with a single dual daylight bulb. That is 65w, two tubes(one is 6700k and one is 10000k) but just one four pin bulb.

I haven't been running the fan because it is so dang noisy.
Purrbox, is this the type of single bulb you think is OK to run without the fan?

I hope so.

I have 2 satellite fixtures. One has 4x 65w, and one has 2x 65w. The 2x 65w has no fan. The one with 4x 65w at various times I run it without the fan, without issue. Most of the time the fan runs, I think this will let the ballast last longer. Even without the fan though, is does not get much hotter than the 2x 65 unit.

I have a single sattelite on my 55 gallon. I had to drill extra LED holes for 3 more bulbs but I've never needed a cooling fan.

Back
Top Bottom