Question about Java Moss.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it will! Not a stupid question though! I had some completly cover a fake log. Like, COMPLETLY! hahah

Yes it will! Not a stupid question though! I had some completly cover a fake log. Like, COMPLETLY! hahah

Sweet Cause I have a Hugh boat front in my tank, I had put alot of Moss on it and want to get a nice size DW for the Other Side. Love the Boat just doesnt look nature Enough. So I Covered it in Moss :D

I wondered this too so I started experimenting to create more hiding spots for my kuhli loaches. I stuffed it in and around rindmgs of lava rock, this worked really well since the lava rock is so course :)

60g hexagon... just over 2 feet deep... it hasn't grown much but has latched onto some of the substrate in other parts of the tank .. I hope it will eventually grow around my driftwood :)

ForumRunner_20111115_014641.jpg

I use to have a (I think) 30g maybe 40g with African ciclids.. it was more manageable, but the 60g looks more proportional. . I got my 60g for $70 or $80 off CL ... great place to look

rreekers said:
I wondered this too so I started experimenting to create more hiding spots for my kuhli loaches. I stuffed it in and around rindmgs of lava rock, this worked really well since the lava rock is so course :)

Ya this is what i did, but for the driftwood, use fishing line or zip ties until it can latch. Should take a month or two

That's a fantastic idea! Sound more productive than my method of holding it in place under gravel or smashed between that driftwood and the glass

Gboy66 said:
Ya this is what i did, but for the driftwood, use fishing line or zip ties until it can latch. Should take a month or two

Fishing line makes sense, but curious do zip ties hace any toxins in the plastic that could harm the fish?

rreekers said:
Fishing line makes sense, but curious do zip ties hace any toxins in the plastic that could harm the fish?

I have seen it done before, any doubt it. Maybe just a rinse before hand?

Yeah I guess that makes sense, I looked at a container of zip ties that I have at home and it says non toxic right on the package lol... but I will probably skip that option since my mollies try to eat everything! I don't think I want them nibbling on that even if it wont harm them lol

What other types of plants do you have?
How deep is your tank?
And do you have a problem with the Java moss getting in the intake of your filter? And suggestions hoe to prevent this? I get Java moss built up on the suck up tube on both my canister and overhang filters

rreekers said:
What other types of plants do you have?
How deep is your tank?
And do you have a problem with the Java moss getting in the intake of your filter? And suggestions hoe to prevent this? I get Java moss built up on the suck up tube on both my canister and overhang filters

Talking to me?

I Do look on CL But Where I Live is Middle of Nowhere My LFS Is a Hour+ Drive away :/ But I Do Check Alot. I Figure If Im Driving 2 Hours to Get a Tank Its Gotta be 45+ for under 50 Dollars :/ And That hard to Come by.

I did Iquire about a 45G Will and Stand(Baby Changing Table Haha) But she Wants $70 for it, and It Would Cost me Probly Another $40 To Pick it up.

Im Going to Petco here Tomarrrow I Hope! Gonna See What They have, someone told me last week They had a $1Per gallon Sale, so I hope it Still on. The Tank I Really Want is a 36 Bow Front, Which I Did See for $100 Tank and Stand.(The Right Stand) But Its about 2Hour(One way) Drive Out. and Would Cost me about $100 To probly Drive out and back.

Some day I Tell yeah. Some Day Ill Have my 150 Wave Front, Monster Reef. One Day!

Back
Top Bottom