Question about light for planted 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well , just bought it. Thanks all for the recommendation. I'm pretty excited now.

It seems I will have to buy the Fuge ray planted because for some reason Amazon doesn't ship to PR the 24/7 but it does ship the ray one. By the way for a 10g I need the 20" one, right?

20" should be correct for the 10g.
That's too bad about the 24/7 and Amazon. Have you looked for other vendors or contacted Finnex directly?
If the 24/7 does not work out, make sure you order the Finnex Planted+ (or Finnex FugeRAY Planted+) and not the Finnex FugeRAY.
Good luck with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

20" should be correct for the 10g.
That's too bad about the 24/7 and Amazon. Have you looked for other vendors or contacted Finnex directly?
If the 24/7 does not work out, make sure you order the Finnex Planted+ (or Finnex FugeRAY Planted+) and not the Finnex FugeRAY.
Good luck with this.

Not additional vendors for the 20" but I will try a few options I have set my mind to buy the 24/7 lol.

Not additional vendors for the 20" but I will try a few options I have set my mind to buy the 24/7 lol.

I bought mine on eBay with free shipping about the same price Amazon was selling theirs for.

I bought mine on eBay with free shipping about the same price Amazon was selling theirs for.

I checked on ebay but I couldn't find one.

I checked on ebay but I couldn't find one.

You may have to have someone purchase it on the mainland and work out a direct send to you. Not sure what is involved with that or the cost.

A 24" led light what type of tank will fit? I saw that option available in amazon

Think that will use the excuse of the led and buy a bigger tank than the 10g. I think my wife will not like the idea lol

So I was able to get the 24/7 for my 10g tank. At first I was thinking in low light easy plants but I'm starting to get a little excited. Saying this, could I have medium light plants using the 24/7?

You'll have more than enough:)! One thing you might wanna watch thought is that without co 2 ms just high lighting agar too will flourish

I was thinking about co2, I saw this tutorial
for a DIY system. Only thing confusing for me is how long I need to keep adding the co2.

Wow how do my words get twisted up into weird sentences lol? Anyway that co2 system is a good one and most others reccomend it, as for how much co 2 you want to run a system so you don't really ever stop adding co2 it's a daily thing but after you turn the lights off your turn co2 off and after lights on co 2 on

Wow how do my words get twisted up into weird sentences lol? Anyway that co2 system is a good one and most others reccomend it, as for how much co 2 you want to run a system so you don't really ever stop adding co2 it's a daily thing but after you turn the lights off your turn co2 off and after lights on co 2 on

Thanks for the reply, I think I know what I need to do now.

The citric acid-baking soda method with hardware seen in the video has a few advantages over the yeast-sugar based CO2 generator:
1. Ability to shut off the flow of CO2 without excessive pressure buildup. This will conserve the reactants and allow extend batch life.
2. Ability to regulate the flow rate. A valve controls the output. With yeast and sugar, it depends on the amount of yeast, sugar, temperature, pH, alcohol amount, etc.
3. No yeast "creep". In a yeast based system, there is always a chance that yeast will get past the yeast trap and bubble counter, into the tubing and tank.
I have only used the yeast method (before I went pressurized with a CO2 tank) but if I had to do DIY again I would try the method in the video.

Back
Top Bottom