Question about planting anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xzap

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone ever buried the roots of anubias in Eco Complete ? No wood or rocks, just plain planted. I know not to bury the rhizome.

Thx,

Dave

Yes - in many cases my anubias does much better in substrate than tied to a rock or piece of driftwood. You should have no problems. Just be ready whenever the day comes that you want to move this plant, as you will pull up a wad of substrate half again as big as the plant. :)

Thx TankGirl.. I've got this idea of planting a bunch of anubias in substrate tightly together, like a cover plant.

dave

I have covered my anubias roots in regular gravel. Some of the roots can be curly and unruly, but I tuck them into the substrate as best as I can.

I have the roots of my Anubias in gravel (i.e. not attached to any wood or rocks) and they do fine. They grow so well that I have to separate them to make room.

one more vote for the idea.
illuminum, the idea is not to gravel vac and let the plants use the gunk as nutrients...

Even in regular substrate, my anubias has done fine. And when I had to pull up all the plants to redue the landscape, the roots were everywhere and at least 2 times the size of the plant.

Some of my Anubis that are growing on the side of driftwood, have grown thier roots all the way down the side and into the gravel.

Back
Top Bottom