Question for possible transition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carriwin

Aquarium Advice Freak
So,... here's the question: my 38g which has a plant light and currently full of community fish, would the black sand be a good substrate to put my little sprigs of anubias plant into to have them grow? I have Flourish that I've been treating my other plants with, but they seem to get lost in the shuffle so to speak. I wanted the little guys to have a potential place to grow. Would the sand substrate be a bad idea? I have more flourite that was in the 10g previously, but I don't want to change the substrate of the tank again if I don't have to. That, and I could just re-set up the 30g, but I wouldn't have a filter/heater, only lights at that point.

Thanks for all the help! This is what the tank looks like currently:

104771-albums14536-picture70473.jpg

Please excuse feeding time flakes.

I have always been told not to put Anubis in the substrate but to attach it to something above. Or the roots would rot. Mine grows well under my funky led's and my old fluorescent lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi Anubias should be attached to rocks or wood,although I do have some happily growing in sand! It is a tough plant so should be OK in your sand.:)

Thanks! I know there are sections I can't bury, and can ONLY put the roots underneath, not the rhiazome (sp, i think that's the word) underneath. I just wanted to pull some of the fake stuff out and rehome my other stuff for awhile so that way it had a chance to flourish as well. Perhaps I'll buy a bit of driftwood to attach it to... unless I can attach it to the lava rock??

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470857024.171046.jpg

I put some of mine on a tall piece of wood on the right. It's my tree. Lol

How beautiful!!!!

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

I use black or brown cotton sewing thread . Works great and easier to tie than fishing line I think .

I use clear elastic bands. Much easier than line or thread. The same kind as for girls hair.

Thank you!!! Those ideas are MUCH easier.

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

Back
Top Bottom