Question on New Satellite 2x65watt with Moonlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaC

Aquarium Advice Freak
I received my new lights the other day but I am a little confused as to how to set them up. I won't be able to just lie them on top of my tank with the current set up that I have, the glass is too narrow. Does it come with a hook up to raise it above the tank, I thought I saw some plastic legs to use but not certain.

I am not very mechanically inclined when it comes to things like this, nor am I good with electrical equipment either. I thought my husband was, as he set up my retro-fit from AH Supply that's been on my tank now for about 8 months, but last night when I took the light off to have a good look at it, I noticed that he never removed the yellow plastic that covers the reflectors and now, after all this time, the plastic is pretty much imbedded into the reflectors. :roll: I was trying to peel some of it off last night but really didn't get very far. No wonder I wasn't getting the light I thought I should have been getting from reflectors of this caliber.

So now, I'm pretty reluctant to have my husband set my new system up, so if anyone can give me any advice, I would be very grateful!

Thanks!
Linda

There are legs you can use. Take out the plexiglass slide in the legs and put the plexiglass back in. If you look in my gallary you will see that fixture up on its legs.

As for the top, you will either need to replace it with glass tops, or if you dont have any jumpers or escape artists you can run the tank with no top.

Thanks Rich, that system look great on your tank, now these mounting legs come with the lights? I really haven't opened the box to far yet, I only glanced inside. I can't wait to set mine up, hopefully this weekend.

Is it easy enough to clean the tank with this system? It looks like there is only a small gap between the lights and the top of the tank, but I'm sure that's not the case.

I have the same fixture on a 18 inch deep tank and have no problems working around the fixture for maintance.

On a side note. I contacted Current-USA regarding this fixture because I was kind of upset with the fact that a 30" wide fixture only came with one moonlight, and it was in the center. My tank has a center brace, and its possibly due to the fact that it is tall, but regardless, I had to buy additional moonlights as the built in one was worthless. I could be the only one that had this problem though.

I set it up and it looks awesome! I'm very pleased with the system. On the moonlights, it's very very dimn, is this how it's supposed to be or should it be a little bit brighter? It's very nice though but would be even better if it was a little bit bright.

I want to swap out the actinic light for eithr another daylight bulb like the one that's already on the set or a 50/50, that way it wouldn't be too much light, I'd like to have about 3-3.5 wpg.

I'm even thinking about getting one of these sets for my 10 gallon tank, I hate the hood I have on that tank, not to mention the screw in CF lights that are currently on it.

Thanks for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom