Question: Small Lowlight Plant for 10G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking for recommendations for low light, small plants for a 10 gallon. Has a poor LED light, but its partially in front of a window where sunlight can be used some. I want to put red cherry or blueberry shrimp in it, but don't currently have plants... Assuming I would need them for shrimp?

Remove the natural light it'll only cause problems

Annubis nana var petite
Java fern
Annubis nana

Depeding on water quality and the availability of nutrients, you may want to look in crypts. I have had previous success with cryptocoryne wendtii in a ten with low lighting. Hope i could be useful

If you are using the Top Fin starter 10 gallon with LEDs I can tell you it isn't enough light. The six lights have a combined wattage of less than 2 watts. I killed my Anacharis and in the process of moving my Anubias Nana.

If you are using the Top Fin starter 10 gallon with LEDs I can tell you it isn't enough light. The six lights have a combined wattage of less than 2 watts. I killed my Anacharis and in the process of moving my Anubias Nana.

It's not the top fin, its the Marineland. LEDs aren't too good. Do I have to have plant(s) for shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom