Questions about Ferts. and Co2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I think i'm going to get a 36watt AH kit over my 10 gallon aquarium.

Right now I have all low-tech low light stuff, so for plants I got javamoss, javafern, hornwort, c. wendtii.

When I move up with lighting I know I will be able to get some different plants that might need more caring.

So I was wondering what ferts I should look into buying (Please give me a list.)

I was also wondering if I could stick with my DIY co2 or will I have to buy actual co2 stuff.

Help raise the quality of posts and your tank by rereading all the stickies in the Planted Tank Forum, which have links broken up by lighting, substrate, ferts, and CO2. 36w AH Supply over 10g with stems should be treated as a high light high uptake tank when approaching ferts and CO2.

Exact ferts will depend on whether you want to by a, say, Seachem bottled products guy ($) or a make your own solutions guy. If the latter, search the archives for Travis Simonson's mix and the stickies for EI. That was the mix that got guys like Rich and Purrbox and Sherry and stuff started before they tweaked the mix to their wants, if the needed to tweak it at all.

I think then you'll find better responses to your posts. Its simply that a lot of folks have said it a bunch of times before :) HTH

Help raise the quality of posts and your tank by rereading all the stickies in the Planted Tank Forum, which have links broken up by lighting, substrate, ferts, and CO2. 36w AH Supply over 10g with stems should be treated as a high light high uptake tank when approaching ferts and CO2.

Exact ferts will depend on whether you want to by a, say, Seachem bottled products guy ($) or a make your own solutions guy. If the latter, search the archives for Travis Simonson's mix and the stickies for EI. That was the mix that got guys like Rich and Purrbox and Sherry and stuff started before they tweaked the mix to their wants, if the needed to tweak it at all.

I think then you'll find better responses to your posts. Its simply that a lot of folks have said it a bunch of times before :) HTH

So pretty much all I have to do is worry about Nitrogen, Postassium, and Phosphorus. I can just use liquid ferts for those.

For a 10g, if you prefer the liquids, its not super expensive.

I would get a phophate test kit first and check to see what the levels in your tank are before you buy some to add. Chances are you may not need to dose it.

As for the co2, diy co2 or none at all would be fine.

For a 10g, if you prefer the liquids, its not super expensive.

I would get a phophate test kit first and check to see what the levels in your tank are before you buy some to add. Chances are you may not need to dose it.

As for the co2, diy co2 or none at all would be fine.

Well this tank will still be planted but now it's going to be a RCS breeding tank, so I have to make sure the fertz I use do not have copper.

Back
Top Bottom