questions about some of my plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m-man

Aquarium Advice Regular
on my wistera, and bacopa, little roots seem to come off the plant far away from the ground, is it ok to trim these, also all my plants seem to grow much larger than they normally look when otherwise see them in the store, on in others tanks, larger like a dog size ant larger, my sword puts out leaves that are 6"+ long and 3"+wide, and my anarchas has a diamater of a silver doller, i guess there just happy. also the only thing that doesnt grow too good is my onion plant, it did grow great, then i trimmed it once a little, and it has never grown since, but it doesnt die, just stays the same, and the last thing is i have found a snail, i couldent get a pic, cause he only comes out at night, and hides when theres light, i only see his about 1once every 2 weeks, should i leave it, its not one of the little ones that multiply like crazy, but it is small

Attachments

• dsc00050_884.jpg
    dsc00050_884.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 28
  • dsc00051_194.jpg
    dsc00051_194.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 23
  • dsc00052_726.jpg
    dsc00052_726.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 19
  • dsc00053_117.jpg
    dsc00053_117.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 15
well, persoanlly, i would not change a thing in that tank. It looks awsome. The little roots are natural and help the plant to live so i wouldent trim them. Leave the snail, take it out, whatever. Depends on which kind of snail because some are beneficial to planted tanks

You can trim them if you want. They are just roots off the stems...sometimes they get on my nerves so I just snip them off. It won't kill the plants (never has when I did it), so if they bother you, you can cut them off. The plants will always grow more though, so you'll be constantly trimming, but it won't hurt anything.

Back
Top Bottom