RabiedRoosters' 370 litre planted tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been a while since my last update. The tank is starting to mature and the plants are thriving. I have added Echinodorus palaeofolius var. latifolius, Alternanthera reineckii and Pogostemon helferi. Dosing flourish excel, flourish ferts and have a DIY CO2. Although the CO2 is diy and the tank so large, it does seem to be having an effect on such in combination with the other dosings. I have finished stocking fish:whistle: ( I lost one bosemani as it jumped out, i found it dessicated under the radiator :bawl:). I also lost one kuli and put the bamboo shrimp in my dwarf puffer tank.

Fish wise i have now got: 4 Black Phantom tetra, 4 Harlequins, 3 Julii Cory, 3 Panda Cory, 3 Kuhli Loaches, some Malayan Trumpets,4 Bosemani Rainbow, 2 Red Rainbow, 2 Blue Rainbow, 2 Herbertaxelrodi Rainbow , 2 blue rams, 1 Ancistrus,1 ctenopoma acutirostre and 1 Colomesus assellus.

The fish are thriving, no bickering, its one big happy family. Feeding time is a challenge due to the different natures and diets of the species. I have to distract the rainbows with flake while i dump in frozen feeds for the colomesus and ctenopoma as they are slower feeders. I also have to feed snails to the puffer on the end of a chopstick everyday, which is cute but means i now have a 54L snail farm in my utility room and also have to convince the snails to stick the the chopstick before feeding! I also use hikari sinking pellets for the bottome feeders. The rainbows enjoy picking these up and playing catch with them!

I now love having people round my place as they are overwhelmed by my new water feature :brows:

:thanks:

RabiedRooster

Attachments

• IMAG0287.jpg
    IMAG0287.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0288.jpg
    IMAG0288.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom