Rare Greens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are some rare plants that is possible to acquire? I will not have CO2 injection, but I can get some Excel if needed. I am gonna get some Silver-Green Cabomba and I don't have any more ideas. Any thoughts?

Arent you JUST starting out with planted tanks? You should take it slow with easier stuff first, then later on try out some tougher stuff

**Sigh** How many years of experience do I need before I can get anything more than Anacharis?

Well, you just got some plants a few months ago. I think you need more experience before you start growing them to sell. Many rare plants are hard to grow, so IMO you should get good with the easy ones before you go to the hard ones.

phoenixkiller said:
**Sigh** How many years of experience do I need before I can get anything more than Anacharis?

None. There are tons of easier plants to take care of and that will thrive. Not many people just jump into the game wanting the high end stuff, and it isnt smart to do it like that IMO. There are tons of things you have to get just right in your tank, then you can take the next step

Reactions: HN1
theres some rare kinds of anubias and java fern.try those

alLexX said:
theres some rare kinds of anubias and java fern.try those

Good advice. If you want rare plants and aren't going to use co2 getting slowish growing low light plants is probably the way to go. Wish I could name some but finding a good online plant importer, looking through the selection of low light plants in stock, researching their needs, and giving the vender a quick call or email would get you some options that you could actually get into your tank. Rare plants are essentially hard to get, so having a list of names without a place to get them could be more frustrating than just finding an importer and ordering the rarest plants they offer that'll grow with your setup.

aqua_chem said:
Why are you looking for rare plants exactly?

I'm pretty sure he mentioned this in another post but he said he wanted to sell them, I believe. I could be mistaken though.

Most things that are rare or profitable will require CO2 and extreme diligence, skill, and some luck. Most things that are non-CO2 are uncommon at best. If it were easy to grow and profitable, everyone would do it. Capitalism 101

Most things that are rare or profitable will require CO2 and extreme diligence, skill, and some luck. Most things that are non-CO2 are uncommon at best. If it were easy to grow and profitable, everyone would do it. Capitalism 101
Yeah. I suppose you can close this thread now. I'm just getting some Anubias and Crypts and such. If Max is nice enough, maybe he'll be able to tell me his experience with hydrocotyle tripartitia when he gets it. I hope it's pretty easy to care for. Hopefully I'll be able to find some!!

There are less common Crypts. They just grow slow unless you want to pot them and grow them as houseplants in a covered empty high humidity tank.

I have C nurii Pahang Mutated ;)

Coursair said:
Mine melted. Hoping it revives again.
My Club member sold a few last year.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/sale-trade/79976-fs-crypt-nurii-pahang-mutated.html

These were over $100 a plant. Thanks to my Club and other dedicated enthusiasts it is thriving in tanks and is affordable.

Erios are one Hot Ticket but hard to grow.

It is extinct in the wild AFAIK.

I have some Erio's in my high tech 10, in a few days I had about 2 new needles come up :D I love them lol they can also get pretty huge!

Back
Top Bottom