Real plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jo26

Aquarium Advice Regular
Had my tank for about 5 years now and have always used artificial plants. I am just wanting to know how much work real plants are as I'm thinking of switching to a planted tank.

Had my tank for about 5 years now and have always used artificial plants. I am just wanting to know how much work real plants are as I'm thinking of switching to a planted tank.
I do not think they are that much work depending on the plants you have. I cannot remember the names of mine off the top of my head but I fertilise them with tabs once a month and trim them when they get to high in the tank. You also have to understand the amount of light required for the plants you have as well. Mine have a maximum of 6 hours of light a day.

Some of my plants require no work, whereas others require daily care. Java ferns are so easy and undemanding.

If you really get into it, you will want CO2. You can make a gorgeous underwater garden as much work as you want it to be.

I do think they look amazing so any recommendations on any to start off with? Then I can have a read about them.

A few easy plants that require virtually no additional work (aside from trimming if you desire!) are java moss, wisteria, green lloydiella and bacopa. The best part is that you can replant almost anything you trim from these plants, and they will even continue to grow and branch into new stems from the places you cut!

Anubias, most cyrpts, java fern, java moss, most bulb plants, hornwort, wisteria, and most swords. That should keep ya busy

Right okay, I will look into a few and be sure to update you all with progress[emoji1303] thank you!

Back
Top Bottom