Received wrong plant in online order, help ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stooker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I ordered some dwarf pennywort online, but received a different plant. Seller refunded me the money and I get to keep what I got, but I have no clue what it is. Originally thought it was staurogyne repens when it was in the cup, but upon taking it out, I'm now pretty sure it's not. What say you?

stuHdRpl.jpg

9vR3nS6l.jpg

jd1HIsbl.jpg

Stem and root section makes it look like it would be some type of crypt but I can't say I have seen a crypt species with leaves that look like that. Crypt lutes maybe?

Last edited:
Stem and root section makes it look like it would be some type of crypt but I can't say I have seen a crypt species with leaves that look like that. Crypt lutes maybe?

I researched last night and thought maybe as well. It isn't, but closely related, come to find out. I heard back from the seller today and they said it is lagenandra meeboldii. I didn't know anything about it, but quick research says it's related to the crypt family. Not sure if it's going to work out in my setup, but I planted them in last night. The plants looked like they were fading so I didn't want to wait any longer. I'll see how they do and take care of them to my best ability! If I get one established I'll be happy (not that I have room for more anyways). Thanks, goatnad!

Looks like some sort of Anubias

I thought maybe as well at first, perhaps a petite, but it didn't have the typical anubias rhyzome when i took it out of the gel. Thanks for the reply,though!

Back
Top Bottom