Recurring BGA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessieVB

Aquarium Advice Activist
Finally got home from college Friday night and had a chance to look at Pete's tank. And I saw BGA. . . again. Did a PWC and got most of it out. Params on the tank are as follows:

pH: 8.2
Ammonia: less than .25 (color is between 0 and .25)
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0-5 (color is between the two)

I dosed nitrate last night, so I'll check nitrate levels again tonight. (I'm a bit afraid to stick my hands in the tank until I'm able to get printer ink completely off of them. Washed them twice and still have ink. Might have my lil sis get the water for me if I can't get off soon.)

Moneywort and Pete seem to be doing fine otherwise. Went to PetSmart last night, but Hornswort was literally disintegrating in their tank. Anubias didn't look much better, and I didn't see anything else that looked like it would be suitable.

15 Watts over 5 gal. hex. I think it also gets indirect sunlight during the day, but I might be able to move it to a darker corner where it wouldn't get indirect sunlight if I can find one. (Huge windows at home. . .) Thank you for your help! :)

The first params I posted are from the 9th. I retested nitrate tonight, and its still below 5 ppm. So I dosed almost a capful of nitrogen tonight. I will retest the nitrate levels again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom