Red

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It all depends on what lighting you have. What light and bulbs do you have? Do you use liquid carbon or CO2? What ferts are you using? The one red plant that can pretty much handle any light level is Red Tiger Lotus. They do require the use of root tabs.

It all depends on what lighting you have. What light and bulbs do you have? Do you use liquid carbon or CO2? What ferts are you using? The one red plant that can pretty much handle any light level is Red Tiger Lotus. They do require the use of root tabs.

Setup: 90g, CO2 Injected, using Aquasoil + substrate additives. Liquid fertilizer to be used in the future, don't need it yet

Any other suggestions?, I prefer small leaf plants

What is your lighting? If you have higher lighting and are using CO2 you really need to be dosing dry ferts that provide all the macro and micro nutrients plants need. Higher light and CO2 increases photosynthesis which means plants need more nutrients. What are your nitrate and phosphate readings?

I'll list some of my favorite red plants but considering you have a larger tank getting both large and small leaf plants actually look better. When you use all say small leaf plants they tend to blend together and none of them stand out. Here's an example... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g 8-9-13 - Picture.

Red plants:

Rotala Mini Butterfly (very small leaves)
Ludwigia Senegalensis (small leaves)
Ludwigia Atlantis (med leaves)
Ludwigia Glandulosa (large leaves)
Rotala Wallichii (small leaves)
Rotala Macrandra (med leaves)
Rotala Magenta (small leaves)
Rotala Narrowleaf (small leaves)

There are a ton of red different red plants and the above are just a few.

Back
Top Bottom