Red Lotus Bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Tiger Lotus was out of the bulb when I got it, but a while back, I purchased a Aponogeton Capuronii and it was mostly bulb at the time and because is was so big (the bulb), I had no choice but to keep a lot of the bulb above the subtrate and now today, the bulb has totally disintegrated and a gorgous plant is in it's place.

Good luck!

Does the bulb need a lot of light? I'm assuming it takes root as it grows and I want it over shadowing my anubias nana - so I need it directly in between them....

Well my Red Tiger Lotus is just to the right of the center of my tank (29 gallon) towards the front, it's much to lovely a plant not to put up front. I have just about 2 wpg of light (1x 55 watt bright kit from AH Supply w/6700K) and once it started to take root in the subtrate, it really took off; it's growing at least one leave per week. I've had to cut the leaves down to keep it compact.

I sprouted my bulb in a plastic cup (changing out the water every other day) because my shrimps kept eating the shoots. I didn't bury the bulb until the plant had taken hold.

it is a lowlight plant.

I remember a while back, I purchased those bulbs (4 in a pack) that they sell in Petco, and my swordtails nipped at two of them, ate them down to nothing. Thankfully, I do not have swords any longer. Sprouting them in a cup is an excellent idea!

Back
Top Bottom