Red melon sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if a dual t5no fixture with two 18 watt t5no 6700k would be enough lighting for red melon/ozelot sword as well as if you think it would work in my 29 gallon tank. You will find where I'd like to put it in the pic attached. My tank has root tabs black sand. I currently dose all the seachem ferts but am considering switching to pps pro.

Current tank as you can see my roseafolia is dying

image-2346372658.jpg

Plans for the swords. Should I add one of each or two red melons?

image-3363621894.jpg

Should be fine with that light. Only issue that pops up to me is the amazons, they'll tower over and shadow everything on the sides.

Oaky thanks they are fairly small for now I guess I could always prune them supper often. Or remove them if it becomes an issue.

I trim my large Amazon swords all the time to keep them in the space I want them in.

I would do 2 red melons to add some color to the tank. Just curious, where did you get your roseafolia?

Aqua flora nurseries in British Columbia if you email the owner you can order from them.

Haha ahh okay, I was just asking because when I got roseafolia from petsmart it just rotted and broke apart, thought you may have had the same issue

Haha ahh okay, I was just asking because when I got roseafolia from petsmart it just rotted and broke apart, thought you may have had the same issue

It was great for the first month or so but then I think the lack of light caught up to it and poof she's dying.

Another question. My vals are slowly melting because of excel and aren't getting very big. My angels killed one of my vals out of two that are in the tank. Should I get more to add a different texture to the back or just leave the one in. I was thinking of adding some behind the amazon sword and behind the driftwood. Should I add more or get rid of it? Please note I also have some ludwigia repens all along the back.

Here is the tank after the rescape I will not be adding more driftwood only one red melon sword in the front right corner of the dw. Why do you guys think. Please be honest personally I'm not to find of it yet.

Here is the tank after the rescape I will not be adding more driftwood only one red melon sword in the front right corner of the dw. Why do you guys think. Please be honest personally I'm not to find of it yet.

No pic attached

Looks good to me, give it some time to grow and fill in a bit and it'll look great. Needs a background! Haha

Beautiful angels btw

Looks good to me, give it some time to grow and fill in a bit and it'll look great. Needs a background! Haha

Beautiful angels btw

Okay thx the next time I'm in a craft store I will pick up a large sheet of black felt that is like tape on one side.

Back
Top Bottom