Red Plant ID ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanJee

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking for the name of this plant. :roll: What kind/color of flower it would be :?:

Attachments

• one_1_170.jpg
    one_1_170.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 24
  • two_2_266.jpg
    two_2_266.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 33
Looks like a tiger lotus (Nymphae zenkeri) or something similar. I have not had one flower but have seen photos. They form a "lilly-type" flower on the surface - VERY beautiful. I dont remember the colors - white and pink I believe.

hashbaz said:
Looks like a tiger lotus (Nymphae zenkeri) or something similar. I have not had one flower but have seen photos. They form a "lilly-type" flower on the surface - VERY beautiful. I dont remember the colors - white and pink I believe.

Thanks. I have searched but am unable to know what exectly it is. There are few names like Nymphaea rubra, Nymphaea lotus var. rubra, Nymphaea stellata, Nymphoides aquatica :roll:

Nymphaea (zenkeri) picture I have seen but thats not mine one because I have only plant roots. Brown seed kind of thing with the roots is not present with my plant.

Most interesting is the flower can't wait. :)

Is this a bulbed plant? I bought something similar to this from Wal-Mart, they are fairly easy to grow and they come in packs of 2 bulbs. They lable them water lilys but you don't know what kind your getting till they grow. I got 1 red and 1 green. These are called Nymphaea Lilly according to the package but I think thats a generalization.

This could have been grown from seed or be a cutting and that is why you don't have a bulb yet. Most likely a Nymphaea zenkeri var. rubra. I wish mine would flower.

@Alshain
No its not a bulbed plant. I have seen this plant in green too. Its really hard to know which plant it is, may be flower will decide. :)

@Apocalypse_Gold
Seeds thats new to me. I think its a cutting because this plant automatically produces small plants and when they grow a little with roots I cut them form them main plant.
You have to wait till your plant flower. Mine was almost 20cm high with 10-14 leaves and it took 6 months but for me its a surprise because I never know that this plant flower. :)

Back
Top Bottom