Red Sea CO2 regulator & solenoid kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skywhitney

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know how good the reliability of these setups are for a 5lbs CO2 system?

I've heard they are cheaply made. I did a bunch of research before I bought my miluakee setup and a 20lb co2 tank off CL.
I got a regulator, solenoid, and monitor for a good price. It's something I wouldn't cheap out on too bad. The price catches your eye bit I'd spend a little bit more if you can. I'd hate to see it break.

That milwaukee working well? I want to upgrade myself from The yeast method. I don't mind dropping the $90 for the regulator and solenoid if it operates well.

Bottomfeeder88 said:
That milwaukee working well? I want to upgrade myself from The yeast method. I don't mind dropping the $90 for the regulator and solenoid if it operates well.

Yeah, it's great. I'd highly recommend a controller too if you have the money. My friend is doing a DIY yeast and wants to upgrade.
I know my 20lb is $26 to swap for a full tank at AirGas here in Tampa.

That's how I was at first. But I don't like to buy cheaply made things. I read and posted a thread on here and everyone said miluakee is the best for the price.
I think I got the solenoid and regulator and the controller for $198 and it came with tubing.

Mr.Pleco said:
That's how I was at first. But I don't like to buy cheaply made things. I read and posted a thread on here and everyone said miluakee is the best for the price.
I think I got the solenoid and regulator and the controller for $198 and it came with tubing.

This is great news since the Miluakee setup is $40 cheaper! :)

Mr.Pleco said:
With the controller or just the regulator and solenoid?

Just regulator and solenoid. I'll have to look into the controlers more. What exactly do they control that isn't already addressed?

You set a set point where you want you pH. So you dial it to say 7.5 and it controls the solenoid. It turns it on and off. It will keep the ph at the point you set it at. Saves you from having to test ph all the time to know what it is.

image-2831749382.jpg

image-1162667449.jpg

Mr.Pleco said:
You set a set point where you want you pH. So you dial it to say 7.5 and it controls the solenoid. It turns it on and off. It will keep the ph at the point you set it at. Saves you from having to test ph all the time to know what it is.

Definitely gonna have to look into one then. Last thing i want is a major PH crash

That was one of my reasons aside from I like gadgets ha. It's a wonderful tool. I would never want a co2 system without one now. Def look into it. It's something you can get in a few months or so. You just plug the solenoid plug into the controller one and put the probe in the water and calibrate it and that's it.

Just got a 5# tank, Miluakee regulator and solenoid, and controller!

Looks like im in business now!

Mr.Pleco said:
Not bad at all. I'm assuming the tank is empty? So it'll be like $10 or $15 to fill

Yeah the tank is empty but i can do 10-15 fora fill. Thats reasonable.

skywhitney said:
Yeah the tank is empty but i can do 10-15 fora fill. Thats reasonable.

All the places I looked into here they swap tanks. It's annoying cuz If you bought a nice one and you get a beat up one it's not cool. It does the job but isn't pretty.
Oh and make sure you have some teflon tape handy when you screw the regulator onto the tank.

Mr.Pleco said:
All the places I looked into here they swap tanks. It's annoying cuz If you bought a nice one and you get a beat up one it's not cool. It does the job but isn't pretty.
Oh and make sure you have some teflon tape handy when you screw the regulator onto the tank.

Teflon tape - noted.

I think thy do the tank swaps for 10# and up but i'll have to look into it more...

Back
Top Bottom