Redoing my 90G [on a roll now]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nomadz, Welcome to AA!!
I'm glad you've enjoyed the thread.
Thx for the lighting idea but I took the easy road and just put a T5 strip directly on top of the tank. :) It's suiting my needs for now.

This and ALL my other tanks are and will always be planted. I was converted to planted by the works of travis simonson and the rest of the masters here on AA years ago and I'll never go back :)

Ah yes, my game room......I love it too......it's my sanctuary :)

Glitch, thanks for the post. Im amazed at your efforts to go beyond your limitations and the recent tank photos area great. The moss seems to be your next challenge and hopefully others with more knowledge on planted tanks than me can help with this... im skimming the Australian blogs at the moment so Ill keep an eye out for any moss removal tricks..

I am only new at this hobby and currently reading alot of stuff to get my head around this complex yet exciting hobby as well as ways of improving my tank that I started 3 months ago (150lt community tank with a poor attempt at planting)... and here I was thinking that a planted tank means that you plant a few plants instead of plastic to give your fish a better home... so now I read that the subtrate should replicate the river bed for planted tanks and not just fine sand and gravel..

in the meantime I look forward to your next post...Steve

Last edited:
THe tank looks great glitch. Gotta get something for that foreground though eh? I'd go wtih a nice carpet plant since you have the WPG. That madagascar lace is a beaut btw!

I think moss taking over that back wall would look really cool, JMO. How are the aglae issues coming?

You might be able to use a peroxide treatment. I have also read that some fish like scats will eat BBA. That is a tough one to beat especially since you can't remove the background.

Your tank and scape is really beautiful. That background is amazing! Very inspiring! :)

Very cool looking tank, love that background, gives the tank massive depth. It was worth the work.

Hey awesome tank dude! I was wondering what that very thin large plant on the far left is? as well as the large one near the top on the right?

thanks,

davE

Back
Top Bottom