Replacement Needle Valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey folks. The valve on my Aquatek paintball regulator has totally crapped out now. I sent off an email and got a rather rude reply that said I was basically s**t out of luck.:banghead:
Does anyone know where i can get a replacement ??? I should have returned it when i bought it as the valve never really turned smoothly to begin with, so it's kind of my bad.
It also appears they used locktite or some other goop as when i tried to take one of the gauges off, so i could take the needle valve out, it will not budge..... I sense a broken regulator in my future..... :(

After my email reply, I will not buy a new regulator from there.

Jim

CO2 REGULATOR SOLENOID

If you're willing to shell out some money, you could replace crappy needle valve that comes with most <$100 regulators with a decent one.

Ideal or Swagelok are decent brands. JBL makes economic ones as well.

Aqua Chem, i don't mind spending the money at all as this regulator is useless w/o it. I did a search for both names and was blown away by how many valves there actually are !! valve over-load !!......I need to do some homework to find out what i even have here !! Not too good at this :( if i can get the old one out, w/out breaking either the valve or the gauge next to it, I might be able to bring it to a plumbing supply hose and they could tell me what to order.........

Thank You !!!

Jim

No sir, my bubble counter is just outside the tank............ the valve just need to get me out of the regulator and down to whatever size aquarium hose is...... I'm going to take a look at the Fabco NV55 when i get home......The key is finding out want size thread it is I presume......... and to get the parts our of the housing w/o breaking anything.......not sure what they used to hold them in, but it's holding good......... I'll use thread tape when I put it all back together.......... maybe this thins wasn't meant to take apart so you have to buy a new one, but judging by the email reply, I will not be buyng a new one from there if something breaks during dis-assembly........

Thank you folks for helping out.........so far there has been no ill effects of not having the co3 running....... which is good........ I dosed Metricide and so far so good, but if it kills the one and only val that has been hanging on by a thread anyway, that's fine !! :lol:

Jim

Back
Top Bottom