Replacing odyssea lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishiephishie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an odyssea 36" dual t5ho lighting fixture and I want to replace the bulbs. What combination would you recommend?

What's the application? Planted? Cichlid? Jellyfish? Killer whales? Stingrays? Swamp donkeys?

Two 6500k or a 6500 and a flora/rosette if you don't mind a pinkish hue..

Geiseman( i think that's right) had good bulbs, as does coral life. These both have been highly recommended to me

Yeah I've heard about geiseman having quality bulbs. How about zoomed? Anyone have experience with their bulbs?

I think zoomed is mid grade compared to geismann and coralife, I use coralife t5no and they're pretty nice...

Alright cool I'll check those out. The growth I've been getting is pretty good but just wanted to give my plants a little bit better lighting. Here's a shot of my tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397596469.792322.jpg

The thing with t5's , you're best to replace the bulbs every 4/5 months I believe..

I've never heard that rule, I've always stuck with replacing my bulbs every year or so. 4-5 months seems a bit excessive

Amazon swords, dwarf sag, rotala, crypt wendtii, broad leaf ludwigia, narrow leaf ludwigia, cabomba, hygro kompakt, Anubias, Java moss and Java fern. And it's a Dirted tank (miracle grow organic choice) and I have never dosed any ferts

Nope i'm happy with the light I would definitely recommend it. I'm not sure what plants you're trying to grow in your tank or your fert regimen but for me it's worked pretty well

Try it out im sure you'll be ok. Depending on your substrate you might have to use root tabs for the crypts and swords

Back
Top Bottom