Request for colorful plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't be afraid to try a plant just because it might not thrive..

Limn4.jpg

Limnophila Aromatica

Zezmo, rkilling1, and Angry the Clown,

Any of you still up for shipping some of these plants out? I'll take any clipping I can get and give it a shot!

Any of you need MTS? I've now got a hundred or 3.

Looks like I have a Cryptocoryne wendtii 'red' I could break off for you, and there was one leopard val runner that escaped my last re-scape, so I could send that to you as well. In my re-scape, I got rid of all the vals and rotala that I had. PM me if you are interested.

I have L aromatica, R macrandra, L brevipes and some Crypt wendtii "bronze".....afer today the weather is supposed to cool down and the tank needs a trim....

Angry the Clown, I just wanted to let you know that the plants you are calling Rotala indica are actually Rotala rotundifolia. It's a common mistake that the LFS and many online stores make when labeling that particular plant. The true Rotala indica was formerly known as Ammania sp 'Bonsai', has small round leaves even when submersed, and is much more difficult to grow.

Purrbox,

So what A.T.C. and I have are the same species?

Everyone that has offered to send me clippings, keep me posted when you do trims. I don't want to get all of these on the same day for fear of overcrowding my tank! But I am interested in trying most/all of them at some point!

Rich, I'm most interested in your L. aromatica clippings especially since we live so close...

All three are Rotala rotundifolia, but it appears that one or both of his are color varients. There are several color varients available that will all tend towards a specific coloration. The ones I know off the top of my head are:
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala rotundifolia 'green'
Rotala rotundifolia 'colorata'

I believe there's also a:
Rotala rotundifolia 'pink'

If I'm not mistaken I've seen a few other varieties as well.

Back
Top Bottom