Rescape ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting bored with this layout, and I can't think of any good rescape ideas.

Any ideas?
Whatever comes to mind, say it! (y)

Attachments

• GOPR2314.jpg
    GOPR2314.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 77
Spider wood, black substrate, black background, big swords and some nice carpet plants. That's what I would do.

Some color. Red sword variety, red crypt variety or a red tiger lilly/lotus I always forget which one they are. Also you need some height in there which would come from the suggested use of wood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have wendtii red, but I can't grow it very well even with root ferts, so I'm gonna take that out. I am thinking rotala Wallachi, but would that grow under a single planted plus on thus tank? (75gallon). I like the wood idea, where could I get some nice wood for cheap?

That's a tough one. My lfs has spider wood for about $50 for a nice show piece. With a 75g you might need a couple pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Honestly I think a nice piece of spider wood and several rocks of all sizes would make an immediate difference with replanting around the hardscape.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Honestly I think a nice piece of spider wood and several rocks of all sizes would make an immediate difference with replanting around the hardscape.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can see it in my head, that's a good idea

Manzanita is another branching type of driftwood you might want to consider.
For reds you can try Ludwigia species 'red' or Rotala macrandra. Grows like weeds under my planted+ (though mine is a smaller tank- 20g long). I using daily PPS Pro ferts and pressurized CO2,

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I tried ludwigia sp red, I can't grow it very well. Am rands might work though.

I have been thinking about getting some downoi or blyxa japonica p, and maybe some rotala Wallachian for red. Would these grow under my light with some flourish comprehensive?

The first two should be fine. I would not expect them grow very fast. Not sure how well it will do without CO2.
I tried Rotala wallichii for a few months and it struggled under similar lights in a shallower tank, CO2, and PPS-Pro ferts. New growth was not the problem; persistent staghorn and/or BBA on the not so new portions of the stems took over.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom