Rescaping Newly Cycled 5.5g from Gravel to EcoComplete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will say.. I'm usually on to the next one when I see artificial decorations (natural look snob).. but!!! That pagoda is working for me:) tank looks great! Youre.doing it right!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahaha!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What do you guys think about Azolla? I want to add some floating plants with a small root profile, but have the potential to add a little color to the tank. I came across Azolla sp. I like it. Any issues I should foresee?

Also...my s. repens came in like...2 inches tall. Do I leave them planted and allow them to establish before I trim them or can I go ahead and chop 'em in half and plant the top bit?

Also...my s. repens came in like...2 inches tall. Do I leave them planted and allow them to establish before I trim them or can I go ahead and chop 'em in half and plant the top bit?

No experience with azolla :(
IMO I would let the roots get established (at least a couple of weeks) before you trim them down. That will allow the bottoms a better chance of sprouting new growth on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No experience with azolla :(
IMO I would let the roots get established (at least a couple of weeks) before you trim them down. That will allow the bottoms a better chance of sprouting new growth on top.

Sounds like a plan!

I had to leave my tank for a week but left a lighting and ferts schedule with my hubs. hopefully, my plants will survive ;)

I had to leave my tank for a week but left a lighting and ferts schedule with my hubs. hopefully, my plants will survive ;)

Get a timer for the lights to provide a consistent schedule.

You're right, of course, but we didn't have one before I left so I left the tank to the mercy of my husband.

The plants look great. Although, a few leaves did melt. I have BBA =\ but it's wiping right off so I'm not too worried. I did a big water change. Hoping to see a cycled tank in the afternoon. Then it's fishy time!

Cycled!! Yes!!! I have a little hair algae and brown algae, though. What should I do about that? I can see it inside my filter intake tube, too. (hair algae)

So I put on my sterile gloves (nurse life - anybody need sterile syringes?) and dug the algae out of the intake filter, soaked my river rocks in hydrogen peroxide and the tank is lookin' great.

I'm really eyeballing the red root floater vs azolla. I think I'm leaning towards red root floaters

I know! So stoked. The plan is 4- 5 Endler males, a few ghost shrimp and a mystery snail. Whenever DeeLee is ready, we'll get our fish from her. Most likely going to get the others from big box. I have a small tank with filter I can quarantine them in

Just met up with the sweet DeeLee to pick up these adorable little Endler babies, RCS and limno plants. They are so cute!!!

img_0174.jpg

Our new little RCS hiding in the s. repens

Tank is coming along nicely - I'm also a bit of a natural look snob, but the pagoda blends nicely - looking forward to seeing it grown in.

Tank is coming along nicely - I'm also a bit of a natural look snob, but the pagoda blends nicely - looking forward to seeing it grown in.

Thank you! Yes, you guys will learn to like that pagoda ;) I'm hoping to have a good lookin' tank in the next month or so once everything grows in the way I envision it.

Back
Top Bottom