restarting my planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's getting there:
9826-albums6967-picture71535.jpg
Beautiful. Great work. Keep us posted.

Wow - NICE! I bet YOU can help me - have a 92 gal freshwater tank, w/mostly angels. Want to add a bunch more plants (not as many as you have, as I have 8 angels, who I want to grow). Ordered new LED "plant" hood & assume I need Co2. Looking @ 2 that Foster/Smith have & wondering what else I will need (besides of course, the CO2 can. Can you advise? THANKS

Wow - NICE! I bet YOU can help me - have a 92 gal freshwater tank, w/mostly angels. Want to add a bunch more plants (not as many as you have, as I have 8 angels, who I want to grow). Ordered new LED "plant" hood & assume I need Co2. Looking @ 2 that Foster/Smith have & wondering what else I will need (besides of course, the CO2 can. Can you advise? THANKS

Which light is it? how deep is the tank?

It's 23" deep. Getting a "36 Inch Finnex Planted 24/7 Automated Remote LED Fixture" thru Amazon. (Tank is a bow front corner tank, so top is only 37" across, thus largest (longest) one I could get)...

Up all night w/sick dog, so did a bunch of research last night, & am now thinking I don't need the CO2, do you concur?

It's 23" deep. Getting a "36 Inch Finnex Planted 24/7 Automated Remote LED Fixture" thru Amazon. (Tank is a bow front corner tank, so top is only 37" across, thus largest (longest) one I could get)...

Up all night w/sick dog, so did a bunch of research last night, & am now thinking I don't need the CO2, do you concur?

Many years ago, lightings levels vs ferts vs co2 could be difficult to gauge. Now a days with LEDs, it's almost impossible (for me at least).

What I can say: That light fixture is almost 1/2 the wattage as mine. 35.8w vs 60w.

Your tank is also deeper than mine. CO2 may or not be required, but CO2 always helps.

Jeez, no kidding - I made a TON of notes, & still don't totally get it!

OMG though, got the new fixture today; it is so cool! Makes everything look so "crisp" and clear, plus has a ton of fun options.

Thinking I will leave things as is for now & see if the few plants I do have, start to look much better (half are kinda yellow/have some of the Flourish stuff on it's way)...

If they're not looking much better within a few weeks, thinking I'll just get another LED fixture; this one was only like, $129. THANKS for your help; your tanks are amazing!!

It's the pest again...

I'm such a newbie, not sure if my post went thru, so I'll ask 1 more time: Do you think adding 1 more LED fixture will help/increase wattage?

Having a hard time trying to compare regular lights vs LED lights, especially trying to determine wattage. THANKS AGAIN

Back
Top Bottom