Restoration of an Attention Deprived Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha gravel is fine :) my eel loved gravel, he would bury himself all the time and he rarely got cut or anything. I had eco complete, im sure your eel would be fine. I wouldnt do sand if i could have

George: eels are strong lil guys!!

fishfanatic said:
Awe man, I don't know if I want to do that. The substrate I have in there was very pricy. I imagine a 20 gallon long would not be big enough for him but I do have one that has sand in it and it only has 2 kribs in it. What do you think?

That is probably a bit small, but it would be better because he wont hurt himself on the gravel. I'd move him. Once they get cut or hurt, they can get fungus very easily

I might play it safe and move him to the 20 gallon long tank. I think my substrate is sharper than eco complete. I can't remember what it is called though. Here is a picture of it:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120622_154543.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120622_154543.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 82
fishfanatic said:
I might play it safe and move him to the 20 gallon long tank. I think my substrate is sharper than eco complete. I can't remember what it is called though. Here is a picture of it:

Yeah, it looks pretty sharp. I'd move him :)

I finally thinned out my java ferns and I think the tank looks much better now, not great but better.
I have made a few changes lately, I have decided to try a 10 hour photo period.
who knows that might end in disaster...
i have also decided to turn my co2 up to about 35 ppm just to see if that helps with the algae.
anyways here is a picture:

Attachments

• IMG_1687.jpg
    IMG_1687.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 79
Is that swords in the middle and right of the tank the one in the middle looks kind of orange

blizowman1 said:
Is that swords in the middle and right of the tank the one in the middle looks kind of orange

The one that you are seeing in the middle is an orchid lily (toward the back?). Then yes the plant on the far right is the amazon sword. Most of the other plants are java ferns

blizowman1 said:
what does the black sword look like do you have a pic of it

The black amazon sword is on the far right, sorry I usually just call it an amazon sword.

Back
Top Bottom