Rgb fixture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that sucks! At least they're sending another...but the agony of waiting to see if your idea will come together nicely is excruciating, I'm sure! Do you have to send the damaged unit back? If not, is it totaled or are you going to tinker and see if it's fixable?

I've isolated the problem to the ac adapter but I went to radio shack and best buy and they don't sell the right one. I realized just now that I have to cheap LED fixtures that I don't use that have adapters. Maybe one of them will work. I don't know much about adapters so I hopefully it'll work. They aren't making send the other fixture back.

Oh that sucks! At least they're sending another...but the agony of waiting to see if your idea will come together nicely is excruciating, I'm sure! Do you have to send the damaged unit back? If not, is it totaled or are you going to tinker and see if it's fixable?

The only adapter that works puts out 6 watts its looking pretty dim for obvious reasons and only has .2 amps compared the original one with 6 amps

image-1977418944.jpg

Pic with the 6 watt adapter

Wow... that looks insanely RED!

Yea you can tell when you look at the LEDs when they're on the green and blue diodes aren't on. Hopefully it has something to do with the low watt and low amp adapter I'm using right now.

Yeah hopefully... looks like you stuck your hand in a piranha tank after forgetting to feed them and your water is stained with blood! :)

Yeah hopefully... looks like you stuck your hand in a piranha tank after forgetting to feed them and your water is stained with blood! :)

The second moonlight setting lights up all 4 diodes on each led in the center row.2 red,blue,and one green and gives the light a pinkish white hue which I'm gonna say is what the whole fixture will look like once I get the ac adapter in

image-1024677458.jpg

It's putting the same amount of light that it is with all lights on just balanced color. If this it what it looks like at full power but with all the LEDs on it'll be worth the 80 bucks.

Attachments

• image-1439204782.jpg
    image-1439204782.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 50

If I use a 14-17 volt ac adapter in place of the 12 v one would it cause any problems down the road?

You should PM aqua_chem or Fort... o know Fort knows his way around LEDs because he rigged a DIY one for his reef.

You should PM aqua_chem or Fort... o know Fort knows his way around LEDs because he rigged a DIY one for his reef.

It started to flicker so I'm gonna go with no lol. I did get par readings though. 20-25 at 18 inches

Well anyways you got a new one on the way. You can probably find the correct voltage AC adapter for the "extra" light at a later time.

Have you checked Radio Shack? They have AC adapters that you can adjust, and I believe they have ones that the end can be changed to fit what you need. I'd bring the fixture in and see if you can find what you need....

Have you checked Radio Shack? They have AC adapters that you can adjust, and I believe they have ones that the end can be changed to fit what you need. I'd bring the fixture in and see if you can find what you need....

I have one that can be adjusted but the light will not work with it for some reason but I can swap the same fitting to a computer charger though and the light will work with the computer charger. The only problem is the computer charger over drives the LEDs.:-(

Yeah that's a good suggestion. I actually did that once and found an adjustable universal AC adapter for an old camcorder. Slipped by mind.

Back
Top Bottom