RightTurnClyde's 29 Gallon Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aaaaaarrrggghhhh!! I swear my superpower is to jinx myself. What was that I was saying about the White Clouds being indestructible? Tonight I get home and one of them in inexplicably dead on a leaf of the Amazon Sword. I have no idea what it could have been. The shrimp and/or the other fish had already eaten his guts and eyes out. They were all acting normal the night before. The only thing I can think of is that they are too bloated from overfeeding. I'm cutting back to once every other day, now that there are so few fish in there.

It's getting hard not to feel like I'm doing something wrong here. I can't seem to keep any fish alive for more than a few months. I do weekly 50% water changes religiously. I test my water at least weekly, with very consistent and healthy results. :banghead:

Total bummer. I lost a GBR from out of nowhere, I know the feeling. Sorry to hear that man

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I probably totally jumped the gun, but I went out today to check out an LFS that I didn't even know existed. And... what did they have there, but a tank full of beautiful Kribensis Cichlids that I've been wanting for a long time. No one else around here keeps them in stock. The guy said they've had them in their tank for quite a while. After watching them for a really long time, I just had to have them. I took home a male and female pair. Since most of my stock has been decimated anyway, I definitely have the room. I'm going to hold off getting anything else for quite a while to make sure they settle in and don't start killing everyone else. I know they can get aggressive when they start to breed. So far they have been very mellow and calm. Just a little playful chasing of each other.

Managed to get a couple decent pics of them together:
Bt9Sn9qh.jpg

t7jptj7h.jpg

Thanks Fresh! I just need to find a grocery store around here that sells coconuts so I can make them a DIY breeding cave. I figure that will look nicer and a little more "natural" than a terracotta pot. Although, I have a ton of rocks in my yard. Maybe I can find just the right group to fashion a cave with a smallish opening, but with a nice amount of open space inside.

Rocks and slate = Caves
The coconut shells look easy to customize (size of openings).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks all! On close inspection, their fins are a little on the ragged side, but now that they are in a clean tank that isn't overcrowded, I'm hoping I can nurse them back to their full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom