Root feeders and ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mijo51380

Aquarium Advice Freak
If I had a tank with all root feeders like amazon sword and dwarf hair grass could I just use root tabs and not dump ferts in the water to avoid algae? Lights are 2 T5HO 54w 6500k daylight with c02 on six hours a day

I just posted a similar question and would be interested in any replies you get to this too.

Rivercats said it would be better to use liquid or dry ferts in combination with the root tabs.

Were you the one who was used seachem flourish and leaf zone right were you doseing 1 or 2 times a week how were you doseing

If I had a tank with all root feeders like amazon sword and dwarf hair grass could I just use root tabs and not dump ferts in the water to avoid algae? Lights are 2 T5HO 54w 6500k daylight with c02 on six hours a day

Even with those plants I'd use some type of fertilizer in the water especially if using CO2. Ferts aren't the reason people get algae. In fact lack of ferts can be one reason for getting algae. If a tank is balanced between lights/CO2/ferts then you won't get algae. When one or more is not balanced then algae occurs.

Liquid ferts are not cost efficient in larger tanks plus they don't provide all the macro and micro nutrients plants need.

Would the lights I have be med or high? And as far as ferts go I have been using seachem flourish and leaf zone twice a week

It would be a medium light. I have an Aquatic Life T5HO 2 bulb fixture over my 55g also but I use Geisemann bulbs which when I switched over to them were really bright compared to other brands I've used. I can grow all but carpeting plants. I have several non-green plants that have colored up very well. I also use CO2 and dry ferts dosing PPS-Pro.

Back
Top Bottom