Root like plant for Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epsolon77

Aquarium Advice Regular
I originally posted this question in a different forum not realizing there was a planted section. That's what I get for cruising forums while bulk installing software at work...At least the mistake wasn't on the software.

Anyway, I have recently set up a 55 gallon for my Angels who finally outgrew their 20g grow up tank. I have a smattering of live plants in there right now, including some swords, camboba, and those really really fast growing leafy things that apparently don't care if they float...

As some may know, Angelfish are ambush predetors that spend most of their time hiding in roots. I would like to replicate something akin to mangrove roots in one corner of my tank. I would like to do it with something live though, not just driftwood. I am fine with something that is not fully aquatic, and would like any advice someone could give. I was currently thinking about a fairly dense 10 or so lucky bamboo plants (of course with their leaves above water). I already have three that I stuck in my 10 gallon that has way to many fish because a guppy got pregnent tank so if I decide to go that route, I should have some tall enough.

Please let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom