root tab preference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_in_MN

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have two different root tabs, API Root Tabs and Seachem Flourish Tabs. IMO, I overpayed for the API Root Tabs at a LFS ($11.99 for 10 tabs). I was able to buy the Seachem Flourish Tabs at PetSmart at $8.99 for 10.

Has anyone had better luck with one over the other? Seachem suggests you can wait 3 months to replace the tab, while API states that you should replace theirs monthly. The size of the tabs from both would suggest to me that I could follow their recommendations.

I just picked up a product called Multi Bottom (from AFA) that has a mix of trace elements they suggested for a planted tank not using co2. It was $18 for the bottle, but there's 30 sticks and I was instructed to break them in half and spread them around. Overall, I think it's the best price I've paid for a solid fert, so we'll see how well it works over the next few weeks.

I don't know the instructions on how to make it but some people use dry ferts and clay powder. Moisten it a little bit to form a clump? I think...

Back
Top Bottom