Root tabs and Ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishinfreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm finally closing in on restarting my 6.6g tank as a lower tech dirted planted, and have a few questions on what ferts will be necessary.
First, since I will be doing 4-5 crypts (spread out across the tank, and its a long tank) will I eventually need to start using root tabs (I'd DIY) or will there be enough iron and other nutrients.
Secondly, should I dose some type of fert (excel maybe), maybe wait till the nutrients from the soil that are released into the water at the beginning have worn off. If i do do ferts, I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.
Thanks

"Crypts and Swords should have Root Tabs inserted in substrate as both are heavy root feeders.

They are easy to grow. I add liquid ferts 1x weekly and root tabs every 3-4 months or if I see a problem.

I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and have DIY root caps I bought via The Planted Tank"
- coursair

I see I'm being quoted ?
With a dirt tank, I think you could wait to add root tabs. The issue with dirt is that anytime you dig or move a plant, you risk stirring up dirt and getting an algae bloom. But you can insert root tabs carefully and do a PWC if you stir things up.

I would still add liquid ferts 1x weekly and root tabs every 4 months or as needed. I love my Crypts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom