Rossette HO bulb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I have 4x54 48" 6500k bulbs, I was thinking about changing one of my bulbs to a rosette. Is it worth it? Will it make a difference in my growth or is it purely for aesthetics?

Adding a rosette can really help bring out the red colors in fish and plants and it also supplies more red spectrum light to plants so yes one would be good with the lights you have. Geisemann Aquaflora bulbs are great!

Adding a rosette can really help bring out the red colors in fish and plants and it also supplies more red spectrum light to plants so yes one would be good with the lights you have. Geisemann Aquaflora bulbs are great!

Cool, thanks cats! Btw I still have problems with the diatom infestation that we discussed a couple of months back. Have you heard of too much light causing diatom outbreaks?

It mostly has to do with available silicates in your water. Also some sand can leach silicates into the water. One option you could do is get something like Phosguard and use it in your filter for a couple weeks to remove the silicates. Then take it out and dose your phosphate level back up. If it's in your tap water you are going to continue to have diatom problems. Also what is your nitrate level running at?

It mostly has to do with available silicates in your water. Also some sand can leach silicates into the water. One option you could do is get something like Phosguard and use it in your filter for a couple weeks to remove the silicates. Then take it out and dose your phosphate level back up. If it's in your tap water you are going to continue to have diatom problems. Also what is your nitrate level running at?

My nitrates are at 20-25 ppm. Have you heard of people using fluorite having this problem? Because I had this same problem in a smaller tank before I moved into my new house 25 miles away and into a new water district. The only commonality is that I kept my same substrate only added to it for my. 55.

I've never heard of Flourite leaching silicates. You could stand to lower you nitrates a little. Have you gotten a water report from the new water district your in?

I've never heard of Flourite leaching silicates. You could stand to lower you nitrates a little. Have you gotten a water report from the new water district your in?

No I haven't gotten one, I didn't know that I could hmmm. How do I go about doing that?

Cool, thanks cats! Btw I still have problems with the diatom infestation that we discussed a couple of months back. Have you heard of too much light causing diatom outbreaks?

Strangely enough, the only time I have ever had diatom outbreaks is when I have upgraded to better lights or bulbs (in well established tanks). I don't have a scientific explanation for this but I thought I would mention it.

To find your water reports, check online for your municipality/company that provides your water service. Most publish their reports online but not all do. If its not available online, you can contact them directly and request a copy of their latest report.

I just got in my Geesman rossete bulb and a pack of purigen. And I have to say WOW! My tank looks even more amazing now. That bulb makes the reds in my plants pop out and the GBRs colors are amazing! Thanks for the advice Janis!

I just got in my Geesman rossete bulb and a pack of purigen. And I have to say WOW! My tank looks even more amazing now. That bulb makes the reds in my plants pop out and the GBRs colors are amazing! Thanks for the advice Janis!

I couldn't believe the difference when I first started using them. That's why I only use Geisemann 6000K Midday and the Aquaflora bulbs. I think they are worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom