Rotala node spacing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My rotala indica seems to have a lot of space in between leaf nodes. On average, it's a space of .75". When the original bunch was planted, the spacing was much closer, around .25". I was thinking the plant might be growing too fast, since my lighting is now around 6.2wpg (1x36 and 2x13 over a 10gal tank.) Ferts are in order and CO2 is working great.

any ideas why the spacing is so large?

I read somewhere that warm temperatures make the internode length longer. I noticed the same effect with my cabombas in my tropical community tank. It was really dense when I bought it, but I could never get it to grow that way in my tank. Maybe it would look better in a plant only or a cool water fish tank. Just guessing.

the past few days my dad has been really weird about keeping the air conditioning even though the thermostat down the hallways reads 86*...and my room is usually ~4* warmer due to my computer, big monitor, and the aquarium lights.

It's called a power bill.

Mr Burns said:
the past few days my dad has been really weird about keeping the air conditioning even though the thermostat down the hallways reads 86*...and my room is usually ~4* warmer due to my computer, big monitor, and the aquarium lights.

Back
Top Bottom