Ryan's Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm jumping in a little late but what about a 33 gallon long? It's 48" long so lighting would be crazy simple to find and it's only 13" wide, seems to me light exactly what you're asking for

The problem I would have is... Can you direct me to somewhere that will ship it to me in Canada? If you could I would be super pumped! :)

The problem I would have is... Can you direct me to somewhere that will ship it to me in Canada? If you could I would be super pumped! :)

Any LFS near you? They usually have more selection and if they don't have it they can usually order it for you cheaper than having it shipped to your house.

I haven't heard a response yet, but this company located in Ontario makes custom fish tanks, and has the perfect tank on their list for me. It's a 23 Gallon Long. 36" by 12" by 12"! I have sent them an email asking them for a quote on shipping, etc. the tank is listed as only $45, so I'm really excited! Hopefully this works out.
Here is the website: http://www.miraclesaquariums.com/

I got an email! They are a little bit slow at responding, however they seem to have no problem with shipping to Sask! I'm going to ask Petland if they will order a Ray 2 for me. Hoping! I am wondering on a substrate And I know that Petland carries Black Sand Fluorite which seems like a very attractive, and nutrient rich substrate. What are your thoughts?

I got an email! They are a little bit slow at responding, however they seem to have no problem with shipping to Sask! I'm going to ask Petland if they will order a Ray 2 for me. Hoping! I am wondering on a substrate And I know that Petland carries Black Sand Fluorite which seems like a very attractive, and nutrient rich substrate. What are your thoughts?

I hope you'll be doing CO2 and ferts if you manage to get the Ray2. Awesome fixture, but high light.

I've always liked Flourite. Cheap (compared to ADA) and I've gotten better results then with Eco-Complete. I think it will be great :)

Thanks! The black sand seems beautiful! I think even nicer than the other options available, and it's a lot easier for me to get! I will be doing CO2 and PPS-Pro. Haven't though about either of those yet though... First things first, need to make sure I get the tank, light, and substrate.

I'll have this project going sometime! That manufacturer is not responding as quickly as I would like... Also Petland is useless! They cannot order my Finnex fixture, or SeaChem Flourite Black Sand! But, I can order the sand on Amazon.ca luckily. I am looking at the Fluval C2 filter for this tank. It seems nice and small, while providing good enough filtration.

I contacted Finnex directly and they said they will ship the light to me. Do you guys think the dual 7000k is the way to go?

Yeah, it seems like it would be "high lighting"? My tank will only be 12" tall even though I haven't got it yet.

Back
Top Bottom