Ryan's Updated 54G Corner Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly I am unsure, I guess it would mean each strip would be 40 PAR all the way to the bottom, so that would make it 40 PAR in 2 spots? or 80? I am not sure!

Current USA responded to me saying they don't have their own PAR data for my tank. They also won't ship them to Canada. I don't think it would have been the best option either because of the price. I'm still looking for other lighting suggestions under $250 though. On the positive side, my GLA fert bottles are gonna be here on Tuesday! Time to get ready for PPS - Pro!

I just came across something today, relating to my Jungle Val. I was wondering, because they are "melting" or whatever it is, sometimes, that this might increase nitrate levels faster. Does this make sense?

Attachments

• image-1103843070.jpg
    image-1103843070.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image-3486721834.jpg
    image-3486721834.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 69
So I actually have 19 days to return the current fixture! I was looking at the 4 bulb Odyssea fixture from aquatraders. Not the high tech one but just the standard series light. So cheap! If I bought this, I have no idea of what the PAR would be... Any ideas?

Right, can't believe I missed that. I eard that Odyssea aren't very good quality, but I assume that with 4 bulbs it will be much higher intensity? It still has reflectors in it so that's good. Just not nearly as good as the GLO, but way cheaper.

Agreed, a 4 bulb should be more than enough light to do what you want on this tank and with reflectors it should give you great lighting. I might even get one of these and document the differences from my GLO fixture and this fixture, with only 2 bulbs in of course.

Well, tomorrow my GLA Dosing bottles are coming! Then on Wednesday the ferts come! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be purchasing that Odyssea 4 x T5 HO Fixture. It's $100 cheaper than my current fixture, and will hopefully be much higher PAR. I had no idea that my current fixture was only 40 PAR, maybe less.
My only question now is: Do I have to use distilled water in my fert mixtures, and glute? My dad claims tap water from here would be fine. BUT I always trust you guys first :lol: BTW my tap water is 0,0,5 8.5 pH.

The plant in the back corner is Bacopa Carolineana and the plant to the left that is somewhat yellowish is Rotala Indica.

Update

Got the GLA Fertilizer Dispensers! Fertilizer coming tomorrow. Anybody have a response to the importance of using Distilled Water in my Fertilizer mixtures? I bought a fourth dispenser to pour some of my glute mixture into. Will this work? I know light breaks down the glute, but if I store it under my tank it should be ok, shouldn't it?

Attachments

• IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 48
Alright, fertilizer came in today. I'm mixing up the solutions tonight, will start the dosing tomorrow before lights on. I'm using tap water btw. Unless anyone stops me.

Attachments

• image-1960307397.jpg
    image-1960307397.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 35
I wouldn't use tap water. IF your tap doesn't have a lot of "gunk" in it, you may be able to use it. I would go distiller just in case. By gunk I mean dissolved solids...I have read people using it but they have teste the tap with TDS meters, etc. so I would just go get a $2 jug of distilled...IMO. Also, you need to let the solutions sit for 24 hours before using them, so dosing tomorrow morning isn't the best option.

Thanks for the response. I might not start for a week or so, I'm heading out on a trip in a few days, probably better to start when I get back.

Back
Top Bottom