S. Cal Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a friend who found this plant and we need an ID so we can figure out if it legal to posses and even more important, legal to ship. It is a very cool looking plant and looks like it could be a good compact thick foliage plant I have been looking into for a long time. Sorry about the photo quality but they took the picture. ;)

img_876714_0_8b4195faf71699757c57077b52c27b53.jpg

I signed up with them yesterday but still haven't been authorized as a member so it will have to wait I guess.

Does anyone have any idea of what type of plant it is? Maybe a general group that I might be able to research? The only things I could think of is Guppy Weed or Pearl Weed and neither gave me any good hits.

It's very hard to tell from the picture, but the size is similar to HC (Hemianthus Callitrichoides). It appears to be growing out from a central stem though, which would rule out HC.

Some additional details might be helpful. Was it collected submerged or growing at the water's edge? Many plants look different when they're grown above water vs submerged. Can you get a picture with it under water? This may make it easier to make out some of the details.

As far as I know it was found submerged. Will try to find out from the one who found it. Will see if the person will just come here and post more information. They will hopefully have better pictures soon so we can get a better ID on it.

Back
Top Bottom