Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_chem View Post
1) If you're relying on Flourish for more than just micronutrients, I would seriously consider looking at dry ferts. If normally stocked tank can't supply all the N and P you need, then having to dose Flourish to keep up is a costly proposition.

2) CO2 is by far the best investment you can make in a planted tank, more so than lights. Its what separate the major leagues from everyone else except for Rivercats.
I looked at the cost of the two side by side and if you order the liquid ferts in 500ml + containers the difference isn't too bad. Its roughly 30Ę a day for liquid and 23Ę a day for dry based on the prices that I could buy some dry ferts at and the price I paid for the liquid ferts. The 30Ę includes excel and adds up to about 102 $ a year.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

I ran the numbers before too and got pennies on the dollar. If you're dosing according to a dry fert regimen and dosing accordion to Seachems recommendations, then you're probably dosing a LOT more in the dry fert regimen than with Seachem.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Interesting to hear about the fert dosing. I need to get a system set up for my tanks. I'm currently just using excel and comprehensive with root tabs and pressurized co2.
FrankAbagnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAbagnale View Post
Interesting to hear about the fert dosing. I need to get a system set up for my tanks. I'm currently just using excel and comprehensive with root tabs and pressurized co2.
Why excel and co2?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Originally just doing excel. Had a little algae problem so I've been using to spot treat lately.

FrankAbagnale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fert, ferts, seachem

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com