seachem ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I will be buying some seachem ferts for my planted 29 and was wondering what I should b buying. I currently dose comprehensive, excel and root tabs. I will be getting the three ferts for the macro nutrients and was wondering if I should also get the trace and iron ones.

Its ,medium light that has some swords and crypts and the will soon have roseafolia, ludwigia repens, corksrew vals, and anubias. I would like to help the roseafolia as much as possible as I do not know if I have enough light. I heard iron helps with the red colour. Is this true?

I would also like to know if you guys think that looking into a pressurized co2 setup is worth the price.

Thanks

1) If you're relying on Flourish for more than just micronutrients, I would seriously consider looking at dry ferts. If normally stocked tank can't supply all the N and P you need, then having to dose Flourish to keep up is a costly proposition.

2) CO2 is by far the best investment you can make in a planted tank, more so than lights. Its what separate the major leagues from everyone else except for Rivercats.

1) If you're relying on Flourish for more than just micronutrients, I would seriously consider looking at dry ferts. If normally stocked tank can't supply all the N and P you need, then having to dose Flourish to keep up is a costly proposition.

2) CO2 is by far the best investment you can make in a planted tank, more so than lights. Its what separate the major leagues from everyone else except for Rivercats.

Thanks I looked into the pps pro system but can't get the ferts. As for co2 I'm trying to decide whether I want to go that way or not.

I still don't quite understand what I need needle valve regulator etc. and what everything does.

The needle valve is important for controlling your rate of flow. Without it, you would essentially only have 'on', 'really on', and 'off'.

If you buy a Milwaukee setup (and some other setups as well), they'll come with pretty much everything you need on the regulator side of the setup, with some of them coming with more than that.

If you buy a Milwaukee setup (and some other setups as well), they'll come with pretty much everything you need on the regulator side of the setup, with some of them coming with more than that.

Okay thanks I think I have found a decent set up.

The diffuser
http://www.amazon.ca/Fluval-20g-CO2...r_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1360385159&sr=1-3

The regulator
http://www.amazon.ca/Milwaukee-Instruments-MA957-CO2-regulator/dp/B002P39I8U

Hopefully it will be available soon.

And some tubing and a co2 tank.

Is this everything I need?

I looked at the cost of the two side by side and if you order the liquid ferts in 500ml + containers the difference isn't too bad. Its roughly 30¢ a day for liquid and 23¢ a day for dry based on the prices that I could buy some dry ferts at and the price I paid for the liquid ferts. The 30¢ includes excel and adds up to about 102 $ a year.

I ran the numbers before too and got pennies on the dollar. If you're dosing according to a dry fert regimen and dosing accordion to Seachems recommendations, then you're probably dosing a LOT more in the dry fert regimen than with Seachem.

Interesting to hear about the fert dosing. I need to get a system set up for my tanks. I'm currently just using excel and comprehensive with root tabs and pressurized co2.

Back
Top Bottom