seachem flourish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just over 20 plants that include java ferns, anubias, moss and elodea. I have most of them attached to driftwood and rocks, but some of the elodea I have put down into my substrate. It is not a plant substrate. My question is do I need something more than the seachem flourish? Seems like my plants just are not doing well, but I just started with the flourish today.

Aside from the Flourish, plants usually do well with the addition of either a liquid carbon like Excel or co2. What kind of light are you using?

Aside from the Flourish, plants usually do well with the addition of either a liquid carbon like Excel or co2. What kind of light are you using?

Right now i have stock lighting. Not ideal for plants, but right now the types of plants i have are supposedly fine with low light. So liquid carbon. I will have to pick that up.

What I have now says it is good for micronutrients. Are macronutrients available in the water or is there something I need to get for that?

Yes your tap usually offsets what's missing from the flourish. Excel adds the carbon to help with photosynthesis.

A better and more thorough answer is better explained here: Flourish comprehensive vs. Flourish Trace

How large is your tank? Do you still have a lot of the Seachem flourish left?

My tank is 60 gallon. Yes, I only used one dose from the seachem flourish so far. Started yesterday. Today I just bought a bottle of API c02 booster. It says it can be used as c02 itself or in conjunction with a c02 system. So right now, I have the seachem flourish and api c02 booster. Hopefully that will help my plants. I still need to upgrade my lighting, but that may take a couple of months.

So to clarify, I am now using sechem flourish comprehensive I am going with twice a week or every three or four days. And I have API c02 booster that I will add daily. Given that and my plants are low light plants such as anubias, java ferns, java moss and elodea should I see some positive responses in the coming weeks? Or am I still going to have problems due to my lighting? I have two hooded lights that show to be 17 watts each. Each hood has the following information 120 vac, 60 hz, 17w. Given all of that do I have enough light with the flourish comprehensive and liquid c02 to grow these low light low tech plants? i reiterate, I only started dosing with these liquids the last couple of days. If I am going to see results when should I expect it?

And is the eight hours a day rule of thumb what I need to shoot for in running the lights? Or since they are low light should they be ran longer?

The way I see it is that you have flourish for your basic needs. If you want to specialize your fert program using flourish you buy the other ones such as iron trace potassium nitrogen etc.

Back
Top Bottom