Seachem flourish range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hubert90

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys just wondered if any of u have any experience with the seachem flourish range; flourish, excel, trace, nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus. And are they necessary for low to medium light plants?

I have 2 27watts 6500k daylight PL tubes.
10 gallons

I have used them, I still use excel and flourish. The others are much cheaper and easier to use when bought as powders and mixed yourself. If your plants are not doing well or showing signs of deficiencies then they probably need some ferts. Excel is a carbon supplement and will help your plants grow, it can be used in place of or to supplement CO2.

Most will not be necessary for low to medium light plants. I would recommend flourish comprehensive and excel (unless you have plants that are sensitive to glutaraldehyde dosing; then skip the excel).

The Seachem N, P, and K work great, but as rich said, they are not a cost effective way to dose if you need to supplement Macros. Buying dry ferts and mixing them yourself as suggested is the best route.

fort384 said:
Most will not be necessary for low to medium light plants. I would recommend flourish comprehensive and excel (unless you have plants that are sensitive to glutaraldehyde dosing; then skip the excel).

The Seachem N, P, and K work great, but as rich said, they are not a cost effective way to dose if you need to supplement Macros. Buying dry ferts and mixing them yourself as suggested is the best route.

Oo cheers. But where do u buy the powder from?

Ok I have a question then. Is it true that plants use the co2 while lights are on, then use o2 when the lights are off? If so, does this mean it would be more beneficial to dose during the mornings? Assuming that's when we all turn our tank lights on. Lol. Asking because after reading all of these threads I went out and bought a bottle of flourish comp.

Thanks ;D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121106_210126.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121106_210126.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 39
If you aren't injecting co2 the time you dose is not much of a factor.

Back
Top Bottom