seachem flourish with liquid c02 and low lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
So to clarify, I am now using sechem flourish comprehensive I am going with twice a week or every three or four days. And I have API c02 booster that I will add daily. Given that and my plants are low light plants such as anubias, java ferns, java moss and elodea should I see some positive responses in the coming weeks? Or am I still going to have problems due to my lighting?

I have two hooded lights that show to be 17 watts each. Each hood has the following information 120 vac, 60 hz, 17w. Given all of that do I have enough light with the flourish comprehensive and liquid c02 to grow these low light low tech plants? i reiterate, I only started dosing with these liquids the last couple of days. If I am going to see results when should I expect it?

And is the eight hours a day rule of thumb what I need to shoot for in running the lights? Or since they are low light should they be ran longer?

The plants you listed are some pretty notoriously slow growers. I bet if you had some stems in there you would notice a slight change. Lighting, ferts, and CO2 dosing all become a bit of a juggling act.

What size is your tank? You are running the lights 8 hours/day currently?

The plants you listed are some pretty notoriously slow growers. I bet if you had some stems in there you would notice a slight change. Lighting, ferts, and CO2 dosing all become a bit of a juggling act.

What size is your tank? You are running the lights 8 hours/day currently?

My tank is a 60 gallon. 48' long and two feet deep top to bottom. 13' front to back. I run the lights anywhere from 8 to 10 hours a day. Should I do more or keep it right at 8? I plan to upgrade the lighting, but it is not an option at the moment.

Longer duration doesn't make up for lower intensity. If I were you, I'd go to walmart and pick up a 4' shop light with two 'soft white' bulbs (less than $20 total). I had decent luck with that setup on a 55g with lower light plants, even growing baby tears for a bit until I sold it.

Back
Top Bottom