sending plants in the cold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onah

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys i was going to ship some stuff out (some hygro and things), and its really cold out here like 60, and i was told it is cold where there at too, any suggestions on sending them, or will the usual suffice? thanx in advance!

60 cold?????????
ROTFL
no cold is 23..which it is here! (sorry I hope I diddnt offend you)
you could add some small heater packs (like $.80 at walmart for 2)

yeh, 60 is darn near hot for this time of year. I'd be outside in t-shirt and shorts.... I don't think you will have a problem. When it freezes, then there's a problem.

blazeyreef said:
you could add some small heater packs (like $.80 at walmart for 2)

what section are these heater packs in? like backache-heat packs?

evercl92 said:
what section are these heater packs in? like backache-heat packs?
usually in the out door section...sometimes in the sports or sometimes in the camping...it depends on the walmart :) I get them for reffing soccer in the winter...ohhh cold :D

I hope you are shipping these over night with those heater packs.... The ones I use for hunting only last 12 hrs. Im not sure if you are able to find some extended timed ones or not.

The heat packs really aren't necessary until you get under about 30F. Once you get close to or below freezing it's best not to even try shipping, unless you and the recipient don't mind losing the plants.

Back
Top Bottom