Serious Algae problem! Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skyfeather79

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 15 gallon planted aquarium that has recently developed a serious algae problem. I am seeing a ton of dark green, long strands of algae growing on my ludwiga and baby tears. I have nerite snails and ghost shrimp, so a chemical algaecide is out of the question. I also recently purchased a filter with a UV sterilizer and I am not sure it is helping much. Circulation in the tank seems pretty good, and I am pretty good about water changes. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

I have a 15 gallon planted aquarium that has recently developed a serious algae problem. I am seeing a ton of dark green, long strands of algae growing on my ludwiga and baby tears. I have nerite snails and ghost shrimp, so a chemical algaecide is out of the question. I also recently purchased a filter with a UV sterilizer and I am not sure it is helping much. Circulation in the tank seems pretty good, and I am pretty good about water changes. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

How is your plants health in general?

What lighting do you have?

Do you use additional carbon? (I'm guessing so with baby tears)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The plants appear to be quite healthy and continue to grow. I have a CO2 system. The lighting is LED.

Do you know what par that LED is running at at your given depth. Do you have a drop checker?

Do you use fertilisers?

If you are injecting pressurized C02 (bottle with regulator) I would suggest cranking the CO2 up. How many BPS are you injecting? About the Drop Checker - do you have one? I run my CO2 right up to the point where it is almost yellow but still green.

If you are injecting pressurized C02 (bottle with regulator) I would suggest cranking the CO2 up. How many BPS are you injecting? About the Drop Checker - do you have one? I run my CO2 right up to the point where it is almost yellow but still green.

+1 more co2

Back
Top Bottom