Setting Up A CO2 System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm planning a 30 gallon planted aquarium, and just need some advice and have a few questions. Now, I'm a beginner when it comes to these things, so I'll probably have some stupid questions. Just bare with me.

For the CO2 tank, I still have to find a place where I can get it refilled, so I'm skipping it for now. I think i've got somewhere, though.

For a pressure regulator, I intend to get this one: CO2 Pressure Regulator w/Solenoid

What do you think? However, if anyone knows a better regulator, all info is much appreciated!

For needle valve, I intend to get this: http://www.clippard.com/store/display_details.asp?sku=MNV-4K2

I read that this works well, but all advice is appreciated.

For bubble counter, I'm still looking around for one. Are they absolutely necessary?

And for the CO2 reactor, I'm going to buy this: Freshwater Planted Aquarium & Plant Care: Carbon Dioxide Reaction Chamber CO2 Reactor 500

The only problem people brought up in reviews were issues with the suction cups, which I can deal with.

I was also wondering if I'm going to need tubes to connect each piece and how that would work once I have everything. And if anyone knows better products, do tell! Thank you!

I would check out the MA957 by Milwaukee.

eSeasonGear FreeShipping! has a great price on it with free priority mail system. It costs the same as just the regulator you linked above, but includes the needlevalve, CO2 proof tubing, and a bubble counter.

Are you running a canister filter? I would skip the Reactor 500 and go with either a DIY inline diffuser, or use a ceramic glass diffuser. They aren't going to get you that much more diffusion to be worth it, plus they take up room in your tank.

Check for a welding supply store or a brewing supply store near by. They will both have CO2. Welding supply stores are in almost every medium sized city or larger.

Thanks that looks great. Will I need to buy separate tubing or is tubing included? And if I do, what would you suggest?

I will be running a canister filter. Where can I buy a ceramic glass diffuser? I'd prefer not to do the DIY one since I'm only a beginner.

I think I found one in a town nearby. I'll have to call and ask about it first.

Thank you!

Never mind about the glass diffuser I found one on Amazon. The website the regulator was on wouldn't accept my credit card but I found the same one on Amazon. I'm not sure if this one comes with tubing so I may need to buy it separately. As for the tank, I'll call the place tomorrow to ask about co2 tanks.

Back
Top Bottom