Severum v's plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dollars77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, fairly new so forgive me if posting in wrong place!!
I was doing well with my planted aquarium until I got my red severum!! I knew it'd like to 'snack' on the plants... But didn't expect such devastation so quickly!!!
I've not long started with the plants, so still a lot to learn... Just wondering ' are there any plants that it would not eat??? Especially, low carpet types'? I have a deep tank, so ideally after 'tall grass types' and short 'carpet' types..... Thanks :)

In my experience, anything small or tender will probably not last.

I had a Chocolate for a while with similar behavior, and he would ravage anything that wasn't durable (vals, rotala, dwarf sag, wisteria) but for the most part left my crypts, swords and ferns alone.

Thanks... I woke up this morning to find another 2 plants stripped... Just stalks poking out of the substrate!! I think I'll invest in more ferns as they're still standing!!
Will persevere, as really don't want to do plastic :)

Hi, thanks.. I'll give them a try... I'm struggling with this latest tank, trying to make it interesting but as it's so tall, and the hardier plants being quite small it looks bare in the top half!!
You don't happen to know any online stores good for tall tree roots/ bog wood??? :fish2:

My LFS actually carries big pieces but if you do an online search you will find tons of places that carry them. BUT be ready to pay a big price for big pieces and shipping to boot.

Back
Top Bottom