"Shallow Foreign Stream" - First NPT 20G Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NPT is naturally planted tank. This means I use very low light on top, most light is from the Sun from my south window, and I don't use additives like Co2 and all those liquid ferts and such. I just use plain dirt from outside, covered it in gravel, and planted. I have maybe 1wpg over the tank if that, and have a emptied filter, because NPT don't use filters either, for water movement.

The goal is to have your plants do all your tank maintance for you like they would in real life. So the tank itself is very low maintance. Your not even suppose to do water changes that often, maybe one every 3-5 months. I normally just top off the tank.

It's a really fun tank and one of my best planted tanks i've had and have had to do close to nothing, besides a ton of trimming. The plants in there grow like weeds.

Sounds like a very interesting thing this NPT. I would however be scared to get dirt from outside and put it in my tank! Not saying its wrong, I would just be scared :p. Now for these tanks, are they limited to anything, like any sort of fish. Or is it basically any community fish. And you say no filters, just for movement.. wow. Sounds awesome. Only thing is. In your video the water looked cloudy, is it always like that or? Did i just see it wrong.

It's either a bacterial bloom from your soil or just silt from your soil. It will clear up with water changes and time.

Back
Top Bottom