Share your small planted bowls/containers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
This was such a great, informative thread! I'm working on a .5 gallon bowl for the spouse to have at work and a tallish 1g for myself, both to house shrimp.

Does anyone still keep small planted bowls or containers? If so share info and pics (y)

I am filling a small 1/4 gallon bowl with gravel. ThenIi putting in lucky bamboo. Like you see at the doctors office.

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

As soon as it gets warm I am going to try this with shrimp! Too cold to get an order of shrimp in the mail now.

As soon as it gets warm I am going to try this with shrimp! Too cold to get an order of shrimp in the mail now.

Do you have a container already?

I understand not wanting to order in the cold weather. I'm one of those crazy people though and got all my RCS online in December; I also have some yellows that should arrive later this week :whistle:

Any photos?

Sure.. this is day 1.

15891706542_fedc8b7382_b.jpg

15890362701_4357e8febb_b.jpg

15706321759_1cdda91633_b.jpg

This this about a month later:
jbfFfdHg9QobKc.jpg

Still growing, albeit slowly.

This is a Deep Blue Professional 1g I found on Amazon. I like the fact that it has a lid since I won't be using a heater. I like the black sand in my RCS tank and think it will look good with yellows as well. I stuck in the will moss nano tree from another tank and a few RCS until the plants and shrimp arrive. I'm also getting a new desk lamp for this setup.

Attachments

• Jan 05 2015 1g.jpg
    Jan 05 2015 1g.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 67
Hey Brian, that looks like a really cool tank! I love the title tiny island in the middle! I don't know what you are actually planning on stocking, but something cool to do in there would be maybe a small island on the right back side and then adding a small, nano tiny amphibian of some sort. That would be cool if they could interact with the land AND water! I love that tank, but that's just what I would do! Good luck!

Nils

Do you have a container already?

I understand not wanting to order in the cold weather. I'm one of those crazy people though and got all my RCS online in December; I also have some yellows that should arrive later this week :whistle:

I was thinking of using a Fluval Spec. or this Current USA 5 gal that I saw on Amazon. ( I already have the Spec with nothing in it)

Back
Top Bottom