Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-11-2003, 07:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

shipping aquatic plants

Has anyone purchased any plants online? If so, did your plants survive and thrive? If so, who did you buy them from?

I have been having issues getting plants around here. The nearest fish store is an hour away but they never have good plants in stock and just use fake ones in with the fish for sale. I have a tank with angels and need some plants they won't eat but that will give nice greenery.

thanks!

Old 06-11-2003, 07:51 PM   #2

http://www.aquariumgarden.com/

http://www.aquabotanic.com/

Both of these sites are good. There are TONS more places to order from online too. I'd order soon, before summer kicks in too much, the heat during shipping could be bad.

In my exp. when ordering online, the plants may not look that great when you get them, but within 1-3 weeks, you'll be amazed at how well they bounce back. Almost every plant i have is from online, and in general I've been quite pleased.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to fergieturk
I've had success with fishvet.com, but not with UPS. Read my post entited, "My plants are dying..." The fishvet.com guy is really cool and the plants are in good condition even though they spent 6 days in the UPS facilty.

Tags
plant, plants, shipping

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com